Privacy and Cookies
Tbilisi Core offers online travel-related services through its own websites and through other online platforms such as partners’ websites and social media. The information that follows applies to all of these platforms. Tbilisi Core may amend the Privacy and Cookies Policy from time to time, so visit this page regularly to stay up to date. If you disagree with this Privacy and Cookies Policy, you should discontinue using our services.
What kind of personal information does Tbilisi Core use?
When you make a reservation, you'll be asked for your name, telephone number, email address, payment details, the names of guests traveling with you and your preferences for your stay.
To make it easier to manage your reservations, you can open a user account. This allows you to save your personal settings, review previous bookings and manage future reservations.
When you visit our website, even if you don't make a reservation, we may collect certain information, like your IP address, which browser you’re using, and information about your computer’s operating system, application version, language settings and pages that have been shown to you. If you're using a mobile device, we might also collect data that identifies your mobile device, device-specific settings and characteristics, and latitude/longitude details. When you make a reservation, our system registers through which means and from which websites you've made your reservation.
We may also receive information about you when you use certain social media services.
Why does Tbilisi Core collect, use and share your personal data?
- Reservations: First and foremost, we use your personal data to complete and administer your online reservation and forward your reservation details to the accommodations you've booked.
- Customer Service: We provide customer service 24/7 from our local offices in 2 languages. Sharing your details with our customer service staff allows us to respond when you need us – including helping you find appropriate accommodations and responding to any questions you might have about your reservation.
- Guest Reviews: We use your contact information to invite you by email or mobile phone to write a guest review after your stay. This can help other travelers choose the accommodations that suit them best.
- Account Administration: We offer a user account facility on our website. We use the information you give us to administer this, allowing you to manage your bookings, take advantage of special offers, make future reservations more easily and manage your personal settings. Managing personal settings allows you to keep and share lists, share photos, see accommodations you've searched for before, and see other information you've provided about accommodations and destinations. It also allows you to see any reviews you've submitted about places you've stayed in
- Marketing Activities: We also use your information for marketing activities, as permitted by law. For example:
- When you make a reservation with us or set up a user account, we may use your contact information to send you news about similar travel-related products and services. With your consent—if consent is required under local law—we may also send you other regular newsletters by email.
- Based on the information you share with us, individualized offers may be shown to you on the Tbilisi Core website or on third-party websites, including social media sites. These might be offers that you can book directly on the Tbilisi Core website, or third-party offers or products we think you might find interesting.
- If we believe that a particular offer may be of interest to you, we may decide to contact you by phone.
- Other Communications: There may be other times when we get in touch with you by email, traditional mail, phone or text message, depending on the contact information you share with us. There could be a number of reasons for this:
- We may need to respond to and handle requests you've made.
- When you use our services, we may send you a questionnaire or invite you to provide a review about your experience with Tbilisi Core.
- We may also send you other material related to your reservations, such as how to contact Tbilisi Core if you need assistance while you're away, and information that we feel might be useful to you in planning your trip or getting the best out of your stay. We may also send you material related to upcoming reservations or a summary of previous reservations you made through Tbilisi Core.
- Market Research: We sometimes ask our customers to take part in market research. Any additional personal details that you give us as part of the market research will only be used with your consent.
- Fraud Detection and Prevention: We may use personal data for the detection and prevention of fraud and other illegal or unwanted activities.
- Improving Our Services: Finally, we use personal data for analytical purposes, to improve our services, to enhance the user experience, and to improve the functionality and quality of our online travel services.
How does Tbilisi Core use social media?
We use social media to promote our accommodation partners’ properties and to promote, improve and facilitate our own services. For example, we integrated social media plugins into the Tbilisi Core website. So when you click on one of the buttons and register with your social media account, information is shared with your social media provider, and possibly presented on your social media profile to be shared with others in your network.
How does Tbilisi Core use guest reviews and other destination-related information you share with us?
After your stay at any accommodations booked through us, you'll be invited to submit a guest review. This invite may ask for information about the accommodations, the surrounding areas, and the destination. If you don’t want to use your name with the review, you can use a screen name (which you can choose in your user account), or the review can be displayed on the website anonymously. By completing a guest review, you're agreeing that it can be displayed on, for example, the relevant accommodation information page on our websites, in our social media accounts and in social apps, or on the website of the relevant accommodations or our business partner’s website, to inform other travelers about the quality and services at the accommodations you stayed in.
Does Tbilisi Core use third-party marketing and analytics cookies?
Yes, Booking.com uses the services of trusted and recognized online advertising and marketing companies. Booking.com may also use third-party providers for analytical purposes. To enable their services, these companies need to place cookies.
The providers we use are committed to building consumer awareness and establishing responsible business and data management practices and standards.
What security procedures does Booking.com put in place to safeguard your personal data?
In accordance with European data protection laws, we observe reasonable procedures to prevent unauthorized access and the misuse of personal information.
We use appropriate business systems and procedures to protect and safeguard the personal data you give us. We also use security procedures and technical and physical restrictions for accessing and using the personal data on our servers. Only authorized personnel are permitted to access personal data in the course of their work.
Your credit card details—when they're needed as part of the reservation process—are stored by us for a maximum of 10 days. After that, your credit card data will either be permanently deleted from our systems or will remain hashed in our system for fraud detection purposes. However, you may have opted to store your credit card details in your user account; in that case, your credit card details will be stored in hashed form, but without the last four digits of your credit card number.
The services offered by Tbilisi Core are not directed at children under 18 years old. The use of any of our services is only allowed with the valid consent of a parent or a guardian. If we receive information from a child under 18 years old, we reserve the right to delete it.
Last updated May 2016